Monday, August 29, 2016

Watching the Soccer Matches With Mark


I went over to my friend Mark's house this past weekend to watch a soccer match he recorded between Burton Albion and Derby County.  And where are these two teams located?  Central England, of course, not too far from Stratford-upon-Avon, where Mark will be traveling in November.  While Mark is obsessed with all things soccer (not to mention cricket and rugby), his brother Mike is all about plants.  Mike works all day at Denver's Botanical Gardens, and afterwards works on the garden in his backyard, where I took the above photograph of  Mark.  A trip to Europe for those two is an endless whirl of visits to botanical gardens and soccer stadiums.  My own garden consists of a single plant on the living room table.  The previous tenants of my apartment had quite the garden out on the rather large balcony, but I myself find it is a lot easier to leave it in it's classic concrete state.  And Burton won the match, 1 to nill, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment