Monday, August 8, 2016

Getting Together With The Old DU Gang - In Barcelona?


I got together with the former University of Denver Bookstore Accounting Office Gang Saturday night, but I'll be damned if I didn't forget to take a Blog photograph before I left.  Am I getting forgetful in my old age? Certainly not!  In any case, Darrel - the former DU Bookstore Accounts Payable Manager and his wife Linda - are off to Spain for 3 weeks next month, and will spend 4 days in Barcelona.  The rest of us have all visited Barcelona, and so I decided to take a photograph of everyone that I took last year and Photoshop all of us into Barcelona, all in the spirit of Catalonian solidarity. In the photograph above, from left to right, are me,  Jim, Jim's wife Chris (the former DU Bookstore Account's Payable Assistant), Linda, Darrel, the former DU Bookstore's Accounts's Payable Supervisor, Jake, and Jake's significant other Valarie, the former DU Bookstore Operations Manager.  Jake and Valarie were not actually there Saturday night, but I decided to bring them along to Barcelona anyway, just for old times sake.  And by the way, when I was planning to visit Barcelona, my friend Stuart told me that Barcelona was famous for its topless bars, and to be sure to check them out.  When I got there I didn't see a one, and when I got back to Denver, Stuart told me he said "tapas" bars, not "topless" bars. OK. Fine.  I'll check them out next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment