Friday, August 26, 2016

Pool Party With the HOA


I should never attend my condo building's HOA meetings.  It just tends to make me mad.  A few months ago, I attended one to find out what was going on with the building's pool, which has been closed for the past two years.  The board said that they were thinking about closing it for good, which really got me upset. Last night, there was an HOA meeting to decide the pool's fate.  It turns out that the cost to fix the problems with the pool were fairly minor, and the HOA actually wants to keep the pool and open it up again next year. The majority of the owners in the room were in favor of this.  However, there were a few owners in attendance who wanted to eliminate the pool and the green space around it and put in more parking.  More parking?  I just don't understand that attitude.  I sometimes want to shake some sense into those people, but until  Donald Trump is elected president and it is legal to shake people with opinions different from your own, I will just have to deal with it. And by the way, the photo I am holding in the photograph above is of myself, my mother Mary, and my grandmother Louise next to the pool at the Sun Castle Hotel in Pompano Beach, Florida, back in August of 1963.  And no, I did not suggest to the hotel's management that they eliminate the pool and put in more parking.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment