Saturday, August 13, 2016

King Of The Hipsters?


I walked from the local Denver bookstore where I work as the bookkeeper last evening down 17th Street (lined with a bevy of hip eateries and bars) to the 16th Street Mall, where I stopped to listen to the sounds of Funkiphino (Yes! - Funkiphino), who were giving a free concert on the patio of the Rock Bottom Brewpub. I stayed through their first set, and then headed to the light rail station at Union Station, now another hip locale here in Denver.  And who do I run into but my old University of Denver co-worker Bill and his wife Renee, coming back from a short train trip to Glenwood Springs.  I ran across them down in the new bus terminal, waiting for the bus to take them back home.  Both are doing well and living the good life up in Northglenn. They told me they were just talking about me, and had expected to see me upstairs in the main hall with the in-crowd that hangs up there, since I am "the king of the hipsters."  Really?  Nah.  You think?  In any case, great seeing you guys again!

No comments:

Post a Comment