Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The 2016 Denver Dragon Boat Festival


I went to the Dragon Boat Festival at Denver's Sloan Lake this past Sunday afternoon, and thought it  was the quintessential  multicultural event.  Not only were there dragon boat races, but entertainment on three or four different stages.  In just an hour or so, I saw Indian, Polynesian, and Thai dancing groups.  Plus, there were booths selling food, clothing, knickknacks, and all kinds of other stuff, too. My only complaint is that this park has virtually no trees.  Every year on this weekend the temperatures are in the mid to upper 90s, and always makes for a very hot experience.  What is the deal with no trees in this park?  Is it kept this way to promote sales at the beer garden?  I can't think of another reason.  I would suggest everyone write city hall immediately, even if you don't live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment