Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween Everybody!


I know I use this photograph every year, but what the hell - I like it.  I took it at an arts and crafts festival one August in Riverside Park up in Vero Beach, Florida.   My mother Mary is on the left and my sister Susan on the right, gearing up for another scary Halloween.  I probably took the photograph at least 20 years ago, more years than I care to think about.  Susan, my brother-in-law George, and I have lived in condos and apartments for many years now, and I don't think any of us has seen an actual trick or treater since 1975.  However, George always buys candy to give out each year, and each year he eats it himself.  Is that just optimism or the creation of an excuse to indulge?  No matter. It's Halloween! And so time to celebrate, at least for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment