Thursday, December 1, 2016

"The Boss" Appears At The Tattered Cover


Bruce Springsteen made an appearance at the Tattered Cover Bookstore here in Denver yesterday afternoon, drawing well over 1000 fans who had come to buy his new book, Born to Run, and to pose for photographs with him.  It was a very strictly managed event, and I was not able to get close enough to get a good photograph.  Even if I had wanted to buy a book, thus being able to meet him up close, all 1050 tickets to the event sold out within 15 minutes of going on sale.  Fans started to line up at 8:30 A.M, almost three and a half hours before the event was scheduled to begin.  I decided to take a photograph of the spot where Springsteen would be greeting his fans, and lo and behold the ghost of a young Bruce Springsteen appeared in the lens...



Later in the day, I was able to take a photograph of the older Bruce, posing with his fans, from a great distance away.  There were three bodyguards on either side of him, and three Denver police officers wandering the building, too.  If I tried to get any closer, I would have been toast. Springsteen is 67 years old now (even older than me, if you can believe it), but still goes on tour.  And I must say, he doesn't look too bad either, especially compared to rock stars like Mick Jagger.  On the other hand, the Portrait of Dorian Gray, in in all it's macabre horror, looks better than Mick Jagger these days, so I guess that is not much of a compliment.  In any case, glad you stopped by, Bruce.  Thanks for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment