Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Catching A Live Soccer Game With Mark!




I went to the Colorado Rapids - Vancouver Whitecaps soccer game Saturday night with my friend Mark, who works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library).  Mark called me up the other day and said he had free tickets to the game, which is my favorite price, and so I readily said yes. When I got to his house to pick him up for the game, he said the free ticket deal fell through, but he was able to buy two tickets for $52 each.  I don't. think I fainted, but certainly felt a little comatose for a while.  However, after a dinner at Chick-fil-A I felt much better.



The price aside, I really did enjoy the soccer game.  It was fast paced and exciting, and the fans were really into the game.  In the seats in front of us was a large group of grade school girls, no doubt members of a youth soccer league.  And behind us were a bunch of teenage girls who were members of the Las Vegas Soccer Club.  One of them seemed to have a crush on the Rapids Irish soccer player Kevin Doyle, and when he scored a goal, she went wild, to the dismay of us sitting directly in front of her.  Mark could have bought $42 seats in the end zone, but since it rained much of the game and those seats were uncovered, I am glad he didn't - we would have been soaked to the core.  It was worth the extra $10 bucks to be dry all night.  In any case, I will be happy to go to another game, as long as the price is a little bit more reasonable.  Do they have bleacher seats in this place?

1 comment: