Friday, August 4, 2017

Catching The Mets Game With Mark


I went to the Colorado Rockies - New York Mets game at Coors Field Wednesday night with my friend Mark, who - as regular Blog readers know - works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library).  Mark was able to get a pair of complementary tickets from a friend of his who used to work for the Rockies organization, and they were great seats, as you can see from the above photograph of Mark.  The Rockies started out pretty good, going up 5 to 0, but then after a 20 minute delay in the game (after an umpire got hit by a ball), the starting pitcher fell apart, and Colorado lost 10 to 5.  And I hate to complain after going to a Rockies game for free, but the "Coors Field experience" is not nearly as nice as it used to be.  The Rockies constantly play very loud, very obnoxious music - I assume to attract the younger crowd.  It actually hurts your ears, and I had a very hard time hearing what Mark was saying.  No doubt it was about soccer - Mark's obsession in life - but I missed a lot of the details.  I say tone it down, Rockies, or the club will lose all its fans over the age of 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment