Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Summer At The Zoo



I went to the Denver Zoo Sunday afternoon to take a few Blog photographs, but had to work for a few hours first, and so did not get there until late afternoon.  The weather seemed pretty threatening, and so I hurried to take the photographs before the rains started.  In any case, most of the animals were either inside or sleeping, and  so it was tough to get any good photographs.  The animals I did photograph  seemed pretty depressed, like the monkey in the photo on the left.  Being in prison for life is indeed depressing, and the poor thing in the photo seems to know it.  Sorry about that, guy.




By the time I got to the giraffe compound, all the animals were inside, and I snapped the photo on the right of the baby giraffe looking bereft.  He is just a baby, but seems to realize that he is in jail for life.  I would love to spring him, and the monkey in the photograph above, but would need to put together a team to do it, kind of like Frank Sinatra in the movie Oceans 11.  Since most of the people I know are retired or close to it, it would be a complete geezer operation.  On second thought...


1 comment:

  1. "It would be a complete geezer operation." that is so funny my friend. Maybe the animals are depressed, because they know that the rain is coming. I say that, because for some weird reason, I really do get depressed when it gets cloudy or it rains. But then again, like you mentioned, they are in jail for life. :O(

    ReplyDelete