Saturday, August 5, 2017

The First Friday Of August



Yesterday was the first Friday of August, and as usual, I went to the big First Friday Art Walk on Santa Fe Drive here in Denver last night to take in the art and the action.  I cannot believe that it is August already - time seems to be moving at hyper-speed these days.  It is only 5 months until I have to decide whether to file for social security at 65 instead of 66, and now practical questions are starting to pop up instead of retirement dreams - can I afford supplemental insurance if I retire?  Can I keep the condo in Florida without renting it out? Etc.etc.  But I digress - big time.  I am, after all, writing about First Friday.


Santa Fe Drive was closed off for the evening to accommodate the large crowds, and a line of food trucks was parked end to end on the north end of the street, with long lines of people waiting to buy food.  I was very tempted to try some, especially at the trucks with the longest lines, but decided to settle for a gourmet dinner of Taco bell tacos later on.  And as usual, there was some good art, and some really off the wall stuff, too.  I am very sad to report that the John Fielder Photo Gallery had closed for good. The landscapes there were OK, but quite often they displayed the work of photographers showing people and places of other lands, which I will miss.  For now I will just have to enjoy the weird stuff, like the entrance to the gallery on the right.  I don't know what the work represents, but I like it.  It would look great at the entrance to my condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment