Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Late Summer Baseball!


I received an e-mail from MLB.com advertising a price of $39.95 to receive their service until the end of the season.  That was an offer I couldn't resist - it means that I can watch all the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs games through the end of September.  What a deal!  And although I am still spending a lot of time catching up on things after working 7 days a week for the first half of the summer, I was able to catch several White Sox broadcasts last week.  And none other than Steve Stone, Harry Caray's old partner from the days he broadcast Chicago Cubs games, was doing the broadcasts.  Talk about nostalgia!  Of course, the White Sox really stink this year, but that is also part of the nostalgia.  The last summer I lived in Chicago and went to the games at old Comiskey Park, back in 1980, the team also stunk, but announcers Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersal, as well as owner Bill Veeck, did their best to make things interesting.  And so I hope Steve Stone can do the same with the White Sox broadcasts this year.  Holy Cow! What a way to wind up summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment