Thursday, August 10, 2017

Summer At The Zoo - Part II



Summer at the Denver Zoo can be pretty disappointing to visitors - all the animals seem to want to do is eat and sleep, and the lions in the photograph on the left seem to be deep into the sleeping part of their day.  I took the photo when I first got to the zoo.  I came back later to try and get an "action shot," but they were still sleeping, this time with their backs (by which I mean their rear ends) to us.  The child in the photograph on the left didn't seem to mind, however.  As far as he was concerned, a lion is a lion, asleep or not.  Hey kid - if you were trying to take an interesting photograph you would think differently.







I was glad to see that the orangutan still felt lively, putting on a show for the trio of young boys in the photograph on the right.  I have found that the orangutans are pretty friendly animals, often coming right up to the window of their cage to interact with zoo patrons.  I bet they would make great pets, too, although I am sure the City of Denver probably has some sort of ordinance banning you from keeping them in your apartment.  Rules - got to hate 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment