Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Eye Of The Elephant



I took the above photograph of one of the elephants at the the Denver Zoo when I visited there last Sunday. I think this is the first time I have stared eye to eye with an elephant before.  It was a very hot day, and most of the animals were inside or in the shade, if they had any.  This elephant, however, was stuck in the hot sun, and was probably pretty bitter about it, too.  I know elephants are from countries near the equator, and should be used to the hot weather, but I imagine they get acclimated to Denver's weather, just like it's residents, who 3 days into summer wish it was winter, and 3 days into winter long for summer.  Of course, I am certainly not implying elephants are that crazy.  No offence, Denverites.

No comments:

Post a Comment