Thursday, May 3, 2018

A Visit From Poky Little Puppy







We had a visit from Poky Little Puppy this past Tuesday morning during Children's Story Hour at the local Denver Bookstore where I work.  Evidently this is a beloved character in some of the Little Golden Books, although I have never heard of him before.  And by the way, I was not there to attend story hour.  My office is in the basement, and I was on my way back from the facilities when I saw the photo opportunity on the left.  The bookstore is in an old theater, and since it was built in the 1950s, the basement was actually built to double as a bomb shelter.  If the big one hits, the behind the scenes bookstore staff will all survive, assuming no one took a break to go upstairs and see what the weather was doing.  Now that would be bad timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment