Tuesday, May 15, 2018

White Sox Update



I have been watching the Chicago White Sox games on a regular basis for the first time since 1980, thanks to the miracle of MLB.com.  And I am sad to report that as of today they have a 10 and 27 record and are in last place in the American League Central.  But as I recall, they were just as bad in 1980, when I took the above photograph of baseball announcer Harry Caray singing "Take me out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch (this was before he became the announcer for the Cubs and left the South Side faithful in tears). But on the bright side, Steve Stone, who was Harry Caray's color man with the Cubs, is now one of the White Sox announcers, and the South Side White Sox actually beat the North Side Chicago Cubs this past Sunday afternoon.  Plus, the White Sox are a mere 9 games out of first place.  Can the playoffs be far behind?  Holy Cow!

No comments:

Post a Comment