Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Commerce City - Going Upscale?



I understand that Commerce City, located just to the northeast of Denver, is becoming an upscale suburb. In fact, the prize in one of those "Dream House" raffles put on by a local charity ($100 a ticket) was a luxury house in - yes - Commerce City.  Commerce City is also the home of Dick's Sporting Goods Field, where the Colorado Rapids Soccer team plays.  But for me, the photograph above is what truly defines Commerce City - oil refineries, lots and lots of oil refineries.  During the daytime, pretty ugly - but at night, fairly colorful. However, not a place I would like to live in, or even hang out in, for that matter.  As Mark Twain once said about Texas, if I owned both Commerce City and hell, I would rent out Commerce City and live in hell.And yes - I do still plan to do a photo book called The Bridges of Commerce City.  It will undoubtedly be a bestseller.

No comments:

Post a Comment