Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Walking The Cherry Creek Trail



Saturday afternoon I went to the Denver Art Museum to buy a ticket to see to the Degas Exhibit this week, and then headed to Lower Downtown Denver to take a stroll along Cherry Creek.  It is both a bike path and a pedestrian trail, and winds through Denver to Confluence Park, where it empties into the Platte River. To the south is Speer Boulevard, and to the north condos and townhouses now line it's banks.  It was an overcast day, with rain threatening, but still was a nice walk.  At the end of the trail, at Confluence Park, is a brand new 35 story apartment building, appropriately named The Confluence, standing out prominently among the low rise buildings surrounding it.  I walked around the place, but could not find a sales office.  I suspect to rent there you have to call and make an appointment.  They also have a valet to park your car for you.  I checked online when I got home and a two bedroom two bath will set you back a minimum of $3,264 per month.  Darn - just a little bit out of my price range.  In any case, in the collage above - going clockwise from the upper left - is Cherry Creek, with the Acme Lofts in the background on the left, where I could have bought a one bedroom one bath for $79,000 back in 1987, and didn't;  next, one of the many old bridges that cross the creek.  The bottom right show the balcony of an older building which has a loft to die for (if people say that anymore).  I saw it back when Lower Downtown Denver had an annual loft tour, and it occupies an entire floor, with great views to the south an entire rooftop to hang out on.  Once again, just out of my price range.  Bottom left is Confluence Park, where Cherry Creek meets the Platte River. That massive high rise stands right behind where I took the photo.  Ah, to live the good life.  I guess I'll have to be happy with the OK life. And that's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment