Thursday, May 17, 2018

The Good Neighbors Meeting



Yesterday I attended the University of Denver's quarterly Good Neighbors Meeting, hosted by Allan Wilson, DU's Director of Real Estate and Auxiliaries.  I was hoping to get advance information on the university's new Campus Master Plan, which is set to be unveiled in a speech by the chancellor on May 30th. Unfortunately, the Board of Trustees has not yet approved the plan, and so Wilson could only speak in very general terms.  However, I was reassured to learn that the plan will cover land already owned by the university, and so I assume my condo building is now safe from a hostile takeover.  And from what I can gather, a variety of retail shops as well as a boutique hotel may one day be built directly across the street from me.  I will be able to just walk over and hobnob at the hotel bar with the the DU elite, perhaps even getting a chance to express my ideas directly to the chancellor herself, over drinks.  I'll bet they can't wait. Perhaps I can even negotiate a consultant's fee.  Let the good times roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment