Sunday, December 16, 2018

A Hippo For The Holidays?







I had lunch with my friend Mark - who works at the University of Denver's Anderson Academic Commons (the library, in plain English) - yesterday afternoon, and afterwards, when I dropped him off at his home, he pointed out his new Christmas decoration in the front yard - a hippopotamus. Yes - that's right. A "Holiday Hippo."  Mark tells me that he has always liked hippopotamuses, and that his favorite Christmas song is "All I want for Christmas is a Hippopotamus." I myself have never heard of this Christmas carol. I was, after all, born and raised in the State of Illinois, where I suspect this song was banned from the airwaves, along with Muskrat Love.  And I must say, Illinois legislators have been truly underrated in this country because of actions they have taken like this.  Thank God they were there to preserve the sanity of their constituents, such as me.  But I have to ask: Why was nothing ever done about "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus?" A truly important question that I think needs to be answered.  Is impeachment still a possibility for this?

No comments:

Post a Comment