Sunday, December 30, 2018

What's The Deal With Holiday Dragons?






I went for a walk in the neighborhood yesterday, and found out that several houses have holiday dragons in front of their places,such as the one with the Santa cap in the photograph on the left. I recently learned that holiday hippos were quite popular, and that there is actually a Christmas carol titled "All I want for Christmas is a Hippopotamus," but this is the first I have ever head of Christmas dragons. New Year's dragons yes, but those dragons celebrate Chinese New Year's, which isn't until February 5th this year, and I assume nobody would be that early with their decorations, right?




I thought the first dragon was just the holiday decoration of some weird eccentric (I can identify with that, of course), but then I'll be damned if I didn't see another holiday dragon, this one without a Santa cap, as seen in the photo on the right. Therefore,  I googled the subject and found that others have also put up holiday dragons this year.  One woman, an author, actually put up three holiday dragons, which have some connection to the Game of Thrones, but I do not know how they relate to Christmas.  In any case, this person received a nasty letter complaining about the decorations, and so she promptly added two more.  I don't think we have those types of controversies here in Denver.  We are, after all, a "blue" state. Or as I like to say, "whatever floats your boat."

No comments:

Post a Comment