Friday, December 21, 2018

Bittersweet Nostalgia








I know I have used this photograph in the past, but have decided to use it again, since it is of my sister Susan and myself (at my charming best) in the backyard of our house in the south side Brainerd neighborhood back in Chicago.  This photograph was taken before we built the enclosed back porch on the back of the house, where my sister had to sleep after I took away her bedroom.  She is still bitter about that, but it has only been 60 years or so.  In any case, looking at this photo kind of makes me sad, because now that Susan's husband George has passed away, it is now just the two of us left, Susan up in Fort Collins and me in my condo in Denver.  It will be a very subdued Christmas, I'm afraid, but I am still glad to have all the photographs we took over the years.  It definitely helps us remember all the good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment