Monday, December 10, 2018

Wally and Linda Visit Stuart Florida!







My friends Wally and Linda went down to Stuart, Florida (where my sister Susan and I own a condo inherited from our mother Mary) this past weekend for a wedding, and visited three of the town's top sites: Old Town Stuart, The House of Refuge Museum, and the Hoyt Condo.  I told them to knock on the door of our condo and tell my renters they were there to inspect the place (and also to feel free to use the facilities if necessary), but I suspect they decided to pass on that suggestion.  In any case, Wally called me on the phone to say they were having a great time and that they had breakfast at Maria's, which is located in Old Town Stuart and where Wally is sure I have eaten since it is so reasonably priced.  And Linda was kind enough to send me a photo via her cellphone (it only took me two hours to figure out how to transfer the picture to my computer) of Wally at the House of Refuge Museum.






And then the next day I got another photograph from Linda of Wally frolicking in the surf in Jensen Beach, the town just north of Stuart, where they are staying.  It just makes me want to head down there ASAP.  Of course, my sister and I have rented our condo down there through July, and so I am pretty sure my renters would not enjoy seeing me on their doorstep with suitcase in hand, even if I was only planning to stay a few weeks. And if we decided not to renew the lease, that would mean a pretty big expense to assume.  But I digress once again. I did recommend that Wally and Linda skip the wedding so they could fit in more sightseeing, but I suspect that since they are staying in the same hotel as the wedding party, it would be hard to sneak out.  Regardless, I hope you guys had a good rest of your time down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment