Saturday, December 1, 2018

It's December!









Today is December 1st, and that means the holiday season is now in full swing.  As I mentioned in a previous blog, I walked to Denver's Union Station the other day from the Tattered Cover Bookstore (my former employer), and when I got there I took photographs of all the decorations, including what I believe is the City of Denver's official tree, as seen in the photograph on the left.  It is certainly nothing like the one at Rockefeller Center in New York City, but it is still pretty nice.  My only complaint is that Union Station - not to mention the "official" Christmas tree - is completely surrounded by a Christmas Market, consisting of tents that remind me of an Arab caravan camped out for the night. Fortunately I was able to maneuver around so that none of the tents are showing in the photo, but the lesson here is that the commercialization of Christmas is still in high gear. Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment