Thursday, December 6, 2018

A Visit To Old Chicago Requiring Photoshop



I drove out to beautiful, exotic, but very strange Lakewood, Colorado, Tuesday night to have dinner with my friend Stuart at the Old Chicago Restaurant there.  We shared a Chicago 7 Pizza, and I have to note here that the political meaning of the original Chicago 7 has been reduced to 7 pizza ingredients - but I digress. Stuart and I discussed the Trump Presidency, the Broncos, and for some reason the origin of phrases.  The "cat's pajamas," by the way, means the best that can be, and was coined in the 1920s. It combines a slang expression for flappers with a brand new fashion of the time (pajamas), all this courtesy of the Internet, which as everyone knows is always correct.  In any case, I took the above photograph of Stuart as we were leaving, and it wasn't until the next day that I realized my flash had washed out important parts of the photograph. I therefore had to spend several hours trying to figure out how to fix it in Photoshop, using a hellish tool called pain bucket.  I fixed the photograph to a point where I said the hell with it, and the above photograph is the result. I have also noticed that I am beginning to say "the hell with it" sooner and sooner these days.  Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment