Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Lights At The City And County Building - Minus The Parade



Every year Denver's City and County Building is lite up for the Christmas season, and it is a tradition for Denverites to drive past it and enjoy the lights throughout the holiday season.  My ex-wife Lisa once told me that she thought it was pretty tacky, but to me, I think it is a beautiful thing, as seen in the photograph above. Perhaps I just like tacky.  In any case, last night and the night before was Denver's annual Parade of Lights, which winds through the streets of Denver and past reviewing stands right in front of this building.  It starts at 8:00 P.M. Friday and 6:00 P.M. Saturday.  However, no matter the year, it is always cold as hell out there. As I recall, the past few years I have taken photographs of this parade and posted them on this blog, but this year decided to skip it.  I am getting pretty tired of the cold these days, and so this year am posting the above photo minus the parade.  Am I getting to be an old foggy, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment