Wednesday, December 5, 2018

The Bosler House



When I was in the Highlands neighborhood last week, as mentioned in yesterday's blog, I decided to stop and check out the Bosler House, which was built in 1875 and is therefore one of the oldest homes in Denver. It was a featured site during Open Doors Denver Weekend, but since there was a $10 charge for the tour, I decided to skip it.  In any case, I parked right in front of the place and took the photographs seen in the above collage.  The house is truly beautiful, and fronts on Highland Park, making for a truly nice location.  Of course, since Highland Park is right off Federal Boulevard in northwest Denver, there are often a lot of people wandering around talking very loudly to themselves, without the benefit of a cellphone, but no place is perfect, after all.  The Highlands is a really wonderful neighborhood, and although the couple who bought the place - Steve and Jan Davis - only paid $375,000 for it, it was open to the elements for 6 years, and it is estimated they spent a cool 2 million dollars to restore it.  Since it is on the National Register of Historic Places, that is a truly good thing.  By the way, while I was taking the photos, I spotted Jan Davis in front of the house, and thought about telling her that I paid for the tour but missed it, and could she give me a tour now, but decided against it.  Social Security is still 3 months off, and bail can be pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment