Thursday, May 16, 2019

An Historic Denver Landmark



I took the above photograph of the Downing Street Waiting Station (bus stop) during one of my recent bike rides to downtown Denver and back.  I remembered that it was very historic, but when I googled it to get more details, nothing came up.  I was actually forced to take down my copy of historian Tom Noel's book Buildings of Colorado to get the details (it's formal name and the date of construction, which was 1904).  I am not sure what form of transportation they had around here back then, but suspect it was not nearly as comfortable as today.  We all have a tendency to romanticize the past, but I don't think I would want to go back to those days (unless of course I could be 18 again, but that goes without saying).

No comments:

Post a Comment