Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Broadway Station




I am anxiously awaiting the construction of Broadway Station, a mixed use development to be built next to Denver's Broadway Light Rail Station (I know, I know, I need to get a life, but I already knew that). Broadway Station will be built on the site of the old Gates Rubber Factory (seen in the photo on the left being demolished). Gates moved all it's manufacturing plants to the South and overseas years ago, making the site available (after a major clean up of the grounds).  There was a plan to build a mixed-use development there - including a branch of Robert Redford's Sundance Theater - a number of years ago, but when the Great Recession hit, those plans fell through.




I read recently that seven acres of the site have been sold to a company for development, and they will start construction in 2020.  The photograph on the right shows how it looks right now, which is basically a huge empty lot being fitted with the infrastructure needed to be installed before construction can begin.  I must say the renderings for the completed project look quite impressive.  I just wonder how close these renderings will match what is finally built.  Be sure to check out the Broadway Station website at http://www.broadwaystation.com/site-vision.html (if like me, you don't have a life, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment