Wednesday, May 1, 2019

May Day!



Today is May 1st, the month when temperatures are supposed to finally warm up as summer approaches. Unfortunately, in Denver the weather can be quite changeable.  This past Monday the temperatures dropped 40 degrees from Sunday.  I had to drive up to Fort Collins that day, and it snowed all day long there. The weather forecasters said Fort Collins received 5 inches, although most of it melted when it hit the ground. The mountains received much more snow, of course, which is disappointing, since my friend Mark texted me that day that an acquaintance of his spotted an entire family of moose that morning at Winter Park, a ski resort west of Denver, and says he sees them there all the time.  Of course, I wanted to head up there immediately to take photos, but what with the blowing and drifting snow, and having to drive over Berthoud Pass to get there, I decided to put it off for a few days.  All I can say is that when I do get there, there damn well better be moose up there.  As regular Blog readers know, I have been tricked before.

No comments:

Post a Comment