Friday, May 24, 2019

Pa St. Pierre








Today I am once again featuring a photograph of my Great Grandfather Charles (Pa) St. Pierre, taken on the occasion of the wedding of my cousin Shirley and her husband Jack London back in the late 1940s or early 1950s.  Pa is standing on the sidewalk near the home of my Great Aunt Babe and her husband Byron, near 85th and May Streets on the South Side of Chicago. Pa worked as a carpenter, after selling his share of the family farm in St. Eustache, Quebec and moving the family (including my Grandmother Louise - my mother Mary's mother) to Chicago.  In later years Pa lived in the basement of my aunt's home.  He lived until he was 99 years old, passing away in 1952, and I am told he was feisty until the very end, sometimes getting into fights at the local tavern and being driven home by the police. My cousin Shirley told me a short time before she passed away to look for her on the steps of that house at 85th and May Streets after she was gone.  And I definitely intend to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment