Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Unappreciated Denver Sights






I have been doing a lot of walking and biking around the City of Denver since I retired back in November, and one of the great sites I pass is Trinity Lutheran Church, seen in the photograph on the left from the 16th Street Mall. I have featured similar photographs of this scene before, but after all these years, I can't remember if I posted it a year ago or ten. At this point I don't care - I just like the view.  Just to the right of the church (which is seen in silhouette) is the Brown Palace Hotel, which has been THE place to stay in Denver since 1892.  During the National Western Stock Show every January, the champion steer is exhibited in the hotel's atrium, and during the Christmas season, the Xmas tree in that atrium is one of the holiday sights to see.  I myself once had a beer at the Ship Tavern, one of the hotel's most famous restaurants. It was made from water underneath the hotel, and sadly, it tasted to me exactly like water, but far more expensive.  But what do I know?  I am now officially a curmudgeon, after all, and proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment