Saturday, May 25, 2019

Fatal Flaw







I took the photograph on the left of the Republic Building (the tallest building in Denver) around Christmas time, during one of my walks from the Tattered Cover Bookstore on Colfax - where I used to work as the bookkeeper - to Union Station, where I take the light rail train home.  I have taken photographs of this building many times, usually with security people chasing after me to find out why. When I took the photograph posted here, a security guard in a booth next to the building's parking garage scolded me, telling me they are afraid that taking these photos will assist terrorists in trying to destroy the building.  However, I can't help but notice that these guards get off work at 6:00 P.M. and whoever wants can take photographs galore from that time onward. Does the management of this building think that terrorists stop work at 6:00 P.M. too, just like their employees?  For me, at least, it is hard to fathom the mind of corporate America these days. And perhaps that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment