Sunday, May 5, 2019

Derby Day!



I took the light rail train down to Denver's Union Station to watch the Kentucky Derby yesterday afternoon. A large screen television had been set up in the Great Hall, and the place was packed with ladies in floppy hats and men in straw ones. As I have mentioned before, people in Denver love an excuse to party, be it Halloween or Opening Day, and the Kentucky Derby is no exception.  I watched the race and saw Maximum Security cross the finish line first, after which everyone was giving each other high fives and celebrating big time.  It wasn't until I was heading home on the train that I head that Maximum Security had been disqualified, and that Country House, a 65-1 long shot, had been declared the winner.  I imagine the Great Hall probably erupted into fistfights after that announcement. I am just sorry I wasn't there to photograph it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment