Wednesday, May 29, 2019

The Patio Culture





Walking around the various neighborhoods of Denver - not to mention biking around them - I can't help but notice that the most popular neighborhoods have one thing in common - plenty of outdoor patios, beer gardens, and rooftop decks, where you can relax and have a beer, or for that matter, an ice cream.   That makes perfect sense to me, since that is what I myself am always looking for. I took the photograph on the left of the crowd waiting in line at Little Man Ice Cream one weekend day, one of the most popular spots in the Lower Highlands neighborhood, just a stone's throw from downtown Denver and very popular with the young, hipster set.




Another popular gathering spot is the Denver Beer Company, located on Platte Street between Lower Downtown (LoDo) and the Lower Highlands (LoHi).  I have walked past (and biked past, too) this trendy establishment for many years now, but have never stopped by to sample their beers.  I have told myself many times I need to get a group of friends together so we can have a couple of pints there, but have never followed through.  My bad, as the hipsters say.  I hear the beer is quite good, and the place is still another favorite of Denver's young hipster community. Let's face it - we would fit right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment