Friday, July 17, 2020

A Return To The Zoo Part II






As I mentioned in yesterday blog, I visited the Denver Zoo for the second time since it reopened after closing due to the coronavirus. Since I was able to snag an earlier time slot (timed reservations are required), I was able to catch a glimpse of Joona, the baby rhino, seen with it's mother Tensing in the photograph on the left. These are greater one-horned rhinos, and I must say, they are not what you would call pretty creatures. And I mean that with all due respect.






But still, I guess the baby rhino, seen in the photo on the right, is kind of cute, in it's way, and more than willing to pose for a portrait, bless it's heart. And how does it spend all it's time these days? Looking for food, of course. Which is more or less a universal theme for all the animals at the Denver Zoo. Not to mention zoo visitors, too, but that is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment