Friday, July 31, 2020

Hanging Out With The Cool Cats On A Hot Summer Day




As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I went to the Denver Zoo Wednesday morning to take photographs of the two new lion cubs. Thanks to the coronavirus, these days you have to make a reservation to visit the zoo, and also must follow a specific, one-way route. Naturally, the lion cubs are at the very end of that route, and so you have to go through the entire zoo before you reach their compound.  On the plus side, because of that, I was able to take photographs of some of my favorite animals (which are any willing to pose for me) along the way. One of my best subjects is the female tiger in the photograph on the left. She likes to hang out on a second story walkway and look down at zoo visitors through the chain link fence, and once again was more than happy to pose for the camera.








Another favorite subject is the cheetah, seen in the photograph on the right.  It never fails to look me in the eye (or more precisely, the lens) and pose for a portrait. The cheetah is supposed to be the fastest animal on earth, and so I feel pretty sorry for it having to live in such a relatively small space. I have never seen it run, only pace either in a circle around the perimeter, or just back and forth under the shade of the trees.  It definitely needs to be let out once in a while so it can run around the entire perimeter of the zoo at a high rate of speed. That would definitely perk it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment