Monday, July 27, 2020

My Parent's 80th Wedding Anniversary!







This would have been my parent's 80th wedding anniversary, if they were alive today.  No matter how you look at it, that was a long time ago.  They got married on a farm near Geneva, Illinois that was owned by my father Nelson's Uncle John.  Uncle John also owned a plumbing shop in Geneva that later became the Mill Race Inn, a local upscale eatery, but I digress. My mother Mary was not too thrilled with the venue, but if she was still around, I would tell her that weddings on farms are all the rage now.  My sister Susan actually got to stay overnight sometimes at that farm when she was young, and in the evening would go out with Uncle John to the barn to say goodnight to the cows. I think the farm was gone by the time I came around, but I am not bitter. Much. In any case, my mother and father were married 43 years before my father passed away in 1983, and they had a good life together.  We all wished that my father could have enjoyed their retirement together in Stuart, Florida a bit longer, but we are thankful for what time they did have. Happy Anniversary guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment