Monday, July 13, 2020

A Virtual Visit To Tottenham Hotspur Stadium



My friend Mark (seen in the above photograph on the right) and I attended (virtually, of course) the soccer match between the Tottenham Hotspurs and Arsenal yesterday morning.  It was a lively game, and Tottenham won it by a score of 2 to 1.  Ordinarily, we would go to Ester's Neighborhood Pub to watch the game with the Colorado Spurs fan club, but those gatherings have been put on hold due to the coronavirus, on the theory that watching even a Tottenham game is not worth dying for.  As as you can see, both Mark and I are sporting Tottenham jerseys. A1A is evidently an Asian insurance company that is one of the team's sponsors, but for me it will serve a dual purpose.  When I am with the Colorado Spurs at Ester's, they will know I support the team and will therefore not hate me, and when I am down in Stuart, Florida, everyone will think I am a big fan of Florida State Road A1A, which runs along the Atlantic from Key West to the Georgia state line. Definitely a win-win situation. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment