Thursday, July 16, 2020

A Return To The Zoo





I went back to the Denver Zoo yesterday afternoon for the second time since they reopened (the place was closed for almost 3 months due to the coronavirus).  Unlike last time, there were quite a few people there. Fortunately, I was able to snag an earlier time slot, but not early enough to see the two new baby lions, who were back in their nursery by the time I got there.  However, the orangutans were out and about, such as the one in the photograph on the left, sitting outside against the wall next to the display window.  Is it just me, or does this orangutan strike you as just a bit sinister? What is it planning?







Inside the Great Ape House, Cerah - the 2 year old baby orangutan - was crawling around all over the place, so much so that it was hard to get a photograph of her that wasn't blurry. Happily, she stopped moving for a nanosecond, and I was able to snap the photo on the right of her just hanging out






I was also able to get a photograph of Kesi, the baby Mandrill.  It was the first time I have ever seen it apart from it's mother since she was born.  I mentioned in a previous blog that I thought being so over protective might cause psychological problems in later life, and so I am glad her mother is finally giving her a bit of breathing room.  Evidently someone at the zoo must have read my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment