Thursday, July 9, 2020

The New DU Community Commons Is Right On Track



The University of Denver's new Community Commons Building looks to be right on track for it's mid-October grand opening.  It is being built on the site of Driscoll North, which was the north half of the university's student center, and built back in 1984.  It is connected to Driscoll South, where the DU Bookstore is located, by a bridge over East Evans Avenue. And as regular blog readers know, I was the Finance Manager of the DU Bookstore for almost 30 years before the university outsourced the store to Follett Higher Education Group (aka "The Evil Empire"). And yes, I do plan on attending the grand opening ceremonies.  I am sure there will be a free lunch, and as an official University of Denver retiree, I want my fair share.  I want everything that is coming to me, although that might not be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment