Tuesday, July 28, 2020

The July Mutts Of The Month



This month's Mutts of the Month are none other than my sister Susan's dogs Blackberry and Tutu. I know they have won this prestigious award before, but thanks to the coronavirus, I just don't run across too many other candidates anymore tied up outside stores waiting to be photographed. In the photograph on the left, Blackberry and I are sitting in my car, waiting for Susan to come out of the vet's office, where she was having Tutu examined. Blackberry suffers from separation anxiety, and whenever Susan is out of sight, she barks and whines, and is laser focused on the door Susan has entered.  I have suggested psychological counseling, but doggie psychiatrists are pricey these days, and Susan won't consider it. Time to apply for service dog status for Blackberry, so this situation can be resolved. Of course, everyone will ask what service Blackberry provides, and there is no easy answer for that one.





Tutu, by the way, seems to have broken a tooth, and Susan took her to the vet to be examined.  She will have that tooth extracted this Thursday, but in the meantime is resting comfortably at home, as seen in the photograph on the right. And how much will all this cost? Besides the $230 to do a blood test the other day, it will cost an additional $700 to pull that tooth.  It cost me $300 to have one of my teeth removed a few years ago, and I thought THAT was highway robbery.  Let's face it, owning a pet is expensive. And if reincarnation turns out to be true, I definitely intend to come back as a veterinarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment