Friday, September 25, 2020

A Mellow Afternoon In Washington Park



I took the above photograph at Denver's Washington Park the other day as I was coming home from a long bike ride.  All was serene, unlike last spring, when the pandemic forced everything to close, and most of the population of Denver started hanging out there. Happily, these days, the weekday crowd is back to mothers with strollers and retirees getting their daily exercise.  The Washington Park Boathouse can be seen in the background of this photo. This historic structure is owned by the City and County of Denver, which rents it out for various events. I have suggested to my friends Wally and Linda that they recommend the place to their son Peter and fiancee Holly for their wedding reception next summer, since it is an open air facility and will help keep wedding guests from dropping dead from the coronavirus, assuming Covid-19 is still an issue next year. Plus, since I live only a short distance away, it will be much easier for me to crash the event. Do people still crash weddings? That's what I thought. The lure of an open bar is still very strong, especially these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment