Wednesday, September 9, 2020

The Zoo Part II





As I mentioned in yesterday's blog, I visited what to me seemed like a packed Denver Zoo this past Sunday to take a few photographs. Some of the animals were inside to avoid the 97 degree heat, but most were out and about, especially the monkeys, one of which can be seen looking pretty transfixed in the photograph on the left. One of the other zoo guests was talking to it, and he or she really seemed to be relating to that woman. The zoo guest said she wanted to take the monkey out of it's cage and play, and that monkey seemed pretty up for it. Good luck making that happen, lady.






I also visited the baby mandrill, who seems to be as feisty as ever, running around like hell on wheels despite the heat. While I was there, the mandrills were herded inside, and a zoo employee went into the outside compound, threw treats all around, and then let the mandrills back out. I must say, that baby mandrill definitely got it's fair share, and more. Don't let that haunted look fool you. It's all an act. That little thing is as cunning as it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment