Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Labor Day Weekend At The Zoo




I went to the Denver Zoo this past Sunday, and despite the need for a reserved time and limits on the number of zoo visitors, the place seemed packed. There were lines to see a lot of the animals, especially at the gorilla house, where all the orangutans were inside, preferring air conditioning to the 97 degree temperatures on the outside. Surprisingly, there were no lines to see the twin lion cubs Sunday. The first time I visited their compound, only one was outside, and sound asleep in the shade. On my second circumnavigation of the zoo, it was still in the exact same position, but at least it's eyes were open, and so I was able to snap the photograph on the left.






Happily, the tigers were much more lively and willing to have their photograph taken, despite the heat. I snapped the photograph on the right my second time around the zoo, the tiger smiling (I think) down on me from an upper perch in The Edge, which is what the tiger exhibit is called. Is it thinking "I like you," or "could this be dinner?" Either way, as long as it poses for the camera, I am good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment