Monday, September 14, 2020

Watching Korean Baseball With Mark





I went over to my friend Mark's house yesterday afternoon to watch a prerecorded Korean League baseball game between the KIA Tigers and Samsung Lions. The games take place very early in the morning here in the US, and are broadcast on ESPN by announcers also watching the action on TV. Before the game, we walked over to pick up lunch at a fast food chain called Freddy's, which is known for it's steakburgers. I took the photograph on the left of Mark while we had lunch in his backyard. And how was the food? As far as I can tell, steakburgers are just hamburgers by a different name. They were OK. High praise from me.




And how was the baseball game? The KIA Tigers beat the Samsung Lions by a score of 6 to nothing, and it was not even as close a game as it sounds. And yes, Korean baseball teams are all owned by corporations, and they are identified by their corporate names instead of their home city, which I personally think is beyond weird. Also weird is the fact that the Denver Police were parked right out in front of Mark's place for part of the afternoon, and he tells me they have done so several other times, as well. Are Mark and his brother the subject of a stakeout? Mark insists they have done nothing wrong. Are the cops there just to consume donuts and check their e-mail? Next time I think Mark should just go across the street and demand answers. What could go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment