Monday, September 28, 2020

Watching Tottenham Play Newcastle With Mark



My friend Mark (seen in the above photograph on the right) and I took a virtual trip to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London yesterday afternoon to watch the Tottenham Hotspurs play Newcastle United. The Hotspurs led by a score of 1 to nothing until the final minutes of the game, when Newcastle tied it up with a penalty kick, which is how it ended. The last time Mark and I watched those two teams play was with the Colorado Hot Spurs, the local Tottenham fan club, at Esters Neighborhood Pub here in Denver. Mark is a Newcastle fan, and proudly wore his Newcastle jersey to the pub that day. There are usually about 80 Hot Spurs fans attending those games, but I am happy to report that there were no ugly incidents. If it were me, they probably would have beat me senseless. And by the way, A1A sponsors Tottenham, which is why it is featured on the jersey I am wearing in the photo. And as all Floridians and many tourists know, A1A is the Florida State highway that runs along the Atlantic ocean from Key West to the Florida Georgia line. No doubt it sponsors Tottenham because so many Brits must move to Florida to escape their Godawful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment