Friday, September 4, 2020

Big Trouble For Minor League Baseball



I just finished reading an article in the June issue of Sports Illustrated about the state of minor league baseball, and it is not good. Due to the coronavirus, the minor leagues are closed down this summer, and the revenue stream has stopped. How many teams will survive? This is important, considering how much these baseball clubs mean to the cities they play in, not to mention to all their faithful fans. Will major league baseball step up and help these clubs survive? Considering how the owners and players behaved while negotiating their 60 game season this year, I personally don't hold out much hope of them being charitable and giving up a single dollar. But I'm a cynic and an old curmudgeon these days, and so I could be wrong. But I doubt it. Goodbye Rocky Mountain Vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment