Sunday, September 6, 2020

The 2020 Kentucky Derby



Yesterday the 2020 Kentucky Derby took place at Churchill Downs, in Louisville, Kentucky. Traditionally, this race takes place on the first Saturday of May, and was an event my family always watched on television, often inviting friends and relatives over to take part in a Kentucky Derby betting pool, each person putting in a few dollars and drawing the name of a horse or two out of a hat in an attempt to win the pot. This year, Authentic led the race from start to finish to beat heavily favored Tiz the Law. I myself went for a walk through downtown Denver yesterday afternoon to take advantage of the 100 degree temperatures, before a snowstorm (Yes! A snowstorm!) moves into the area on Tuesday. I got home the exact same time the race started, and was able to watch most of it live. Sadly, I did not have a bet on the winner. And no, I did not teleport myself to Churchill Downs for the race. Once again, the above photograph is thanks to the magic of Photoshop. And these days, it is the most magic I think we can hope for.

No comments:

Post a Comment