Sunday, January 3, 2021

A Stuart Florida Flashback!


Now that colder temperatures are becoming the norm here in Denver, I have been thinking more and more about Stuart, Florida, a much warmer locale, where I have spent a lot of time over the years. I took the above photograph in 2004 at the Monterey Yacht and Country Club's pier along the St. Lucie River, in Stuart, just a short stroll from the condo where my mother Mary lived for almost 30 years. It was the highlight of every evening to take a walk down to the river, and watch these beautiful sunsets, whenever I would visit. My sister Susan and I still own the condo, but rent it out to help pay expenses. Still, one of these days, after the coronavirus is over, we plan to drive down to Stuart and get reacquainted with the place. Hopefully, that will turn out to be this fall. Think positively, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment